- To nod; to sleep; to nap.
- To shut the eyes quickly; to close the eyelids with a
- To close and open the eyelids quickly; to nictitate; to
- To give a hint by a motion of the eyelids, often those of
one eye only.
- To avoid taking notice, as if by shutting the eyes; to
connive at anything; to be tolerant; -- generally with at.
- To be dim and flicker; as, the light winks.
- To cause (the eyes) to wink.
- The act of closing, or closing and opening, the eyelids
quickly; hence, the time necessary for such an act; a moment.
- A hint given by shutting the eye with a significant cast.