- A covering of silk, linen, or other material, for the neck
and chin, formerly worn by women as an outdoor protection, and still
retained in the dress of nuns.
- A flag or streamer.
- To clothe with a wimple; to cover, as with a veil;
hence, to hoodwink.
- To draw down, as a veil; to lay in folds or plaits, as a
- To cause to appear as if laid in folds or plaits; to
cause to ripple or undulate; as, the wind wimples the surface of water.
- To lie in folds; also, to appear as if laid in folds or
plaits; to ripple; to undulate.