- A game at cards; whist.
- The act of whisking; a rapid, sweeping motion, as of
something light; a sudden motion or quick puff.
- A small bunch of grass, straw, twigs, hair, or the like,
used for a brush; hence, a brush or small besom, as of broom corn.
- A small culinary instrument made of wire, or the like, for
whisking or beating eggs, cream, etc.
- A kind of cape, forming part of a woman's dress.
- An impertinent fellow.
- A plane used by coopers for evening chines.
- To sweep, brush, or agitate, with a light, rapid motion; as,
to whisk dust from a table; to whisk the white of eggs into a froth.
- To move with a quick, sweeping motion.
- To move nimbly at with velocity; to make a sudden agile