- To turn round rapidly; to cause to rotate with velocity;
to make to revolve.
- To remove or carry quickly with, or as with, a revolving
motion; to snatch; to harry.
- A turning with rapidity or velocity; rapid rotation or
circumvolution; quick gyration; rapid or confusing motion; as, the
whirl of a top; the whirl of a wheel.
- Anything that moves with a whirling motion.
- A revolving hook used in twisting, as the hooked spindle
of a rope machine, to which the threads to be twisted are attached.
- A whorl. See Whorl.
- To be turned round rapidly; to move round with velocity;
to revolve or rotate with great speed; to gyrate.
- To move hastily or swiftly.