- A small, hard tumor which is produced on the back of a
horse by the heat or pressure of the saddle in traveling.
- A small tumor produced by the larvae of the gadfly in the
backs of horses, cattle, etc. Called also warblet, warbeetle, warnles.
- See Wormil.
- A quavering modulation of the voice; a musical trill; a
- To sing in a trilling, quavering, or vibratory manner;
to modulate with turns or variations; to trill; as, certain birds are
remarkable for warbling their songs.
- To utter musically; to modulate; to carol.
- To cause to quaver or vibrate.
- To be quavered or modulated; to be uttered melodiously.
- To sing in a trilling manner, or with many turns and
- To sing with sudden changes from chest to head tones; to