- To open and expose to the free passage of air; to
supply with fresh air, and remove impure air from; to air; as, to
ventilate a room; to ventilate a cellar; to ventilate a mine.
- To provide with a vent, or escape, for air, gas,
etc.; as, to ventilate a mold, or a water-wheel bucket.
- To change or renew, as the air of a room.
- To winnow; to fan; as, to ventilate wheat.
- To sift and examine; to bring out, and subject to
penetrating scrutiny; to expose to examination and discussion; as, to
ventilate questions of policy.
- To give vent; to utter; to make public.