- Of or pertaining to plants; having the nature of, or
produced by, plants; as, a vegetable nature; vegetable growths, juices,
- Consisting of, or comprising, plants; as, the vegetable
- Plants having distinct flowers and true seeds.
- Plants without true flowers, and reproduced by minute
spores of various kinds, or by simple cell division.
- A plant. See Plant.
- A plant used or cultivated for food for man or domestic
animals, as the cabbage, turnip, potato, bean, dandelion, etc.; also,
the edible part of such a plant, as prepared for market or the table.