- Having the capacity of varying or changing; capable of
alternation in any manner; changeable; as, variable winds or seasons; a
- Liable to vary; too susceptible of change; mutable;
fickle; unsteady; inconstant; as, the affections of men are variable;
passions are variable.
- That which is variable; that which varies, or is subject
- A quantity which may increase or decrease; a quantity
which admits of an infinite number of values in the same expression; a
variable quantity; as, in the equation x2 - y2 = R2, x and y are
- A shifting wind, or one that varies in force.
- Those parts of the sea where a steady wind is not
expected, especially the parts between the trade-wind belts.