- Any substance in the gaseous, or aeriform, state, the
condition of which is ordinarily that of a liquid or solid.
- In a loose and popular sense, any visible diffused substance
floating in the atmosphere and impairing its transparency, as smoke,
- Wind; flatulence.
- Something unsubstantial, fleeting, or transitory; unreal
fancy; vain imagination; idle talk; boasting.
- An old name for hypochondria, or melancholy; the blues.
- A medicinal agent designed for administration in the form of
- To pass off in fumes, or as a moist, floating substance,
whether visible or invisible, to steam; to be exhaled; to evaporate.
- To emit vapor or fumes.
- To talk idly; to boast or vaunt; to brag.
- To send off in vapor, or as if in vapor; as, to vapor
away a heated fluid.