- The front of an army; the first line or leading column; also,
the front line or foremost division of a fleet, either in sailing or in
- A shovel used in cleansing ore.
- A light wagon, either covered or open, used by tradesmen and
others fore the transportation of goods.
- A large covered wagon for moving furniture, etc., also for
conveying wild beasts, etc., for exhibition.
- A close railway car for baggage. See the Note under Car, 2.
- A fan or other contrivance, as a sieve, for winnowing grain.
- A wing with which the air is beaten.
- To wash or cleanse, as a small portion of ore, on a shovel.
- To fan, or to cleanse by fanning; to winnow.