- The act of sewing; also, the line along which two things or
parts are sewed together, or are united so as to form a seam, or that
which resembles a seam.
- The uniting of the parts of a wound by stitching.
- The stitch by which the parts are united.
- The line of union, or seam, in an immovable articulation,
like those between the bones of the skull; also, such an articulation
itself; synarthrosis. See Harmonic suture, under Harmonic.
- The line, or seam, formed by the union of two margins in
any part of a plant; as, the ventral suture of a legume.
- A line resembling a seam; as, the dorsal suture of a
legume, which really corresponds to a midrib.
- The line at which the elytra of a beetle meet and are
- A seam, or impressed line, as between the segments of a
crustacean, or between the whorls of a univalve shell.