- To utter words or articulate sounds, as human beings; to
express thoughts by words; as, the organs may be so obstructed that a
man may not be able to speak.
- To express opinions; to say; to talk; to converse.
- To utter a speech, discourse, or harangue; to adress a
public assembly formally.
- To discourse; to make mention; to tell.
- To give sound; to sound.
- To convey sentiments, ideas, or intelligence as if by
utterance; as, features that speak of self-will.
- To utter with the mouth; to pronounce; to utter
articulately, as human beings.
- To utter in a word or words; to say; to tell; to declare
orally; as, to speak the truth; to speak sense.
- To declare; to proclaim; to publish; to make known; to
exhibit; to express in any way.
- To talk or converse in; to utter or pronounce, as in
conversation; as, to speak Latin.
- To address; to accost; to speak to.