- The juice of plants of any kind, especially the ascending and
descending juices or circulating fluid essential to nutrition.
- The sapwood, or alburnum, of a tree.
- A simpleton; a saphead; a milksop.
- A narrow ditch or trench made from the foremost parallel
toward the glacis or covert way of a besieged place by digging under
cover of gabions, etc.
- To subvert by digging or wearing away; to mine; to
undermine; to destroy the foundation of.
- To pierce with saps.
- To make unstable or infirm; to unsettle; to weaken.
- To proceed by mining, or by secretly undermining; to