- The act of breaking apart, or separating; the state of
being broken asunder; as, the rupture of the skin; the rupture of a
vessel or fiber; the rupture of a lutestring.
- Breach of peace or concord between individuals; open
hostility or war between nations; interruption of friendly relations;
as, the parties came to a rupture.
- Hernia. See Hernia.
- A bursting open, as of a steam boiler, in a less sudden
manner than by explosion. See Explosion.
- To part by violence; to break; to burst; as, to rupture
a blood vessel.
- To produce a hernia in.
- To suffer a breach or disruption.