p. pr. & vb. n.
- of Run
- Moving or advancing by running.
- Having a running gait; not a trotter or pacer.
- trained and kept for running races; as, a running horse.
- Successive; one following the other without break or
intervention; -- said of periods of time; as, to be away two days
running; to sow land two years running.
- Flowing; easy; cursive; as, a running hand.
- Continuous; keeping along step by step; as, he stated the
facts with a running explanation.
- Extending by a slender climbing or trailing stem; as, a
- Discharging pus; as, a running sore.
- The act of one who, or of that which runs; as, the running
- That which runs or flows; the quantity of a liquid which
flows in a certain time or during a certain operation; as, the first
running of a still.
- The discharge from an ulcer or other sore.