- A place or room for the stowage of cargo in a ship; also,
the act of stowing cargo; the pulling and moving about of packages
incident to close stowage; -- formerly written romage.
- A searching carefully by looking into every corner, and by
turning things over.
- To make room in, as a ship, for the cargo; to move
about, as packages, ballast, so as to permit close stowage; to stow
closely; to pack; -- formerly written roomage, and romage.
- To search or examine thoroughly by looking into every
corner, and turning over or removing goods or other things; to examine,
as a book, carefully, turning over leaf after leaf.
- To search a place narrowly.