- Having the parts spreading out like a wheel; wheel-shaped;
as, a rotate spicule or scale; a rotate corolla, i.e., a monopetalous
corolla with a flattish border, and no tube or a very short one.
- To turn, as a wheel, round an axis; to revolve.
- To perform any act, function, or operation in turn, to
hold office in turn; as, to rotate in office.
- To cause to turn round or revolve, as a wheel around an
- To cause to succeed in turn; esp., to cause to succeed
some one, or to be succeeded by some one, in office.