- The act of receiving; reception.
- Reception, as an act of hospitality.
- Capability of receiving; capacity.
- Place of receiving.
- Hence, a recess; a retired place.
- A formulary according to the directions of which things
are to be taken or combined; a recipe; as, a receipt for making sponge
- A writing acknowledging the taking or receiving of goods
delivered; an acknowledgment of money paid.
- That which is received; that which comes in, in
distinction from what is expended, paid out, sent away, and the like;
-- usually in the plural; as, the receipts amounted to a thousand
- To give a receipt for; as, to receipt goods delivered
by a sheriff.
- To put a receipt on, as by writing or stamping; as, to
receipt a bill.
- To give a receipt, as for money paid.