- Violent excitement; eager passion; extreme vehemence of
desire, emotion, or suffering, mastering the will.
- Especially, anger accompanied with raving; overmastering
wrath; violent anger; fury.
- A violent or raging wind.
- The subject of eager desire; that which is sought after, or
prosecuted, with unreasonable or excessive passion; as, to be all the
- To be furious with anger; to be exasperated to fury; to be
violently agitated with passion.
- To be violent and tumultuous; to be violently driven or
agitated; to act or move furiously; as, the raging sea or winds.
- To ravage; to prevail without restraint, or with destruction
or fatal effect; as, the plague raged in Cairo.
- To toy or act wantonly; to sport.
- To enrage.