- To emit rays; to be radiant; to shine.
- To proceed in direct lines from a point or surface; to
issue in rays, as light or heat.
- To emit or send out in direct lines from a point or
points; as, to radiate heat.
- To enlighten; to illuminate; to shed light or
brightness on; to irradiate.
- Having rays or parts diverging from a center; radiated;
as, a radiate crystal.
- Having in a capitulum large ray florets which are unlike
the disk florets, as in the aster, daisy, etc.
- Belonging to the Radiata.
- One of the Radiata.