- Emitting or proceeding as from a center; resembling rays;
- Especially, emitting or darting rays of light or heat;
issuing in beams or rays; beaming with brightness; emitting a vivid
light or splendor; as, the radiant sun.
- Beaming with vivacity and happiness; as, a radiant face.
- Giving off rays; -- said of a bearing; as, the sun
radiant; a crown radiant.
- Having a raylike appearance, as the large marginal flowers
of certain umbelliferous plants; -- said also of the cluster which has
such marginal flowers.
- The luminous point or object from which light emanates;
also, a body radiating light brightly.
- A straight line proceeding from a given point, or fixed
pole, about which it is conceived to revolve.
- The point in the heavens at which the apparent paths of
shooting stars meet, when traced backward, or whence they appear to