- Having four equal sides, the opposite sides parallel, and
four right angles; square.
- Produced by multiplying a number by itself; square.
- Square; even; balanced; equal; exact.
- Squared; suited; correspondent.
- A plane surface with four equal sides and four right
angles; a square; hence, figuratively, anything having the outline of a
- An aspect of the heavenly bodies in which they are
distant from each other 90¡, or the quarter of a circle; quartile. See
the Note under Aspect, 6.
- The quadrate bone.
- To square; to agree; to suit; to correspond; -- followed
- To adjust (a gun) on its carriage; also, to train (a
gun) for horizontal firing.