- That which a person sets before himself as an object to be
reached or accomplished; the end or aim to which the view is directed
in any plan, measure, or exertion; view; aim; design; intention; plan.
- Proposal to another; discourse.
- Instance; example.
- To set forth; to bring forward.
- To propose, as an aim, to one's self; to determine
upon, as some end or object to be accomplished; to intend; to design;
to resolve; -- often followed by an infinitive or dependent clause.
- To have a purpose or intention; to discourse.