- Separate from all heterogeneous or extraneous matter;
free from mixture or combination; clean; mere; simple; unmixed; as,
pure water; pure clay; pure air; pure compassion.
- Free from moral defilement or quilt; hence, innocent;
guileless; chaste; -- applied to persons.
- Free from that which harms, vitiates, weakens, or
pollutes; genuine; real; perfect; -- applied to things and actions.
- Ritually clean; fitted for holy services.
- Of a single, simple sound or tone; -- said of some
vowels and the unaspirated consonants.