- To mix and stir when wet, as clay for bricks, pottery, etc.
- To fill or stop with clay by tamping; to fill in or spread
with mortar, as a floor or partition, for the purpose of deadening
sound. See Pugging, 2.
- Tempered clay; clay moistened and worked so as to be plastic.
- A pug mill.
- An elf, or a hobgoblin; also same as Puck.
- A name for a monkey.
- A name for a fox.
- An intimate; a crony; a dear one.
- Chaff; the refuse of grain.
- A prostitute.
- One of a small breed of pet dogs having a short nose and head;
a pug dog.
- Any geometrid moth of the genus Eupithecia.