- A small quantity of dirty standing water; a muddy plash; a
- Clay, or a mixture of clay and sand, kneaded or worked,
when wet, to render it impervious to water.
- To make foul or muddy; to pollute with dirt; to mix dirt
- To make dense or close, as clay or loam, by working when
wet, so as to render impervious to water.
- To make impervious to liquids by means of puddle; to
apply puddle to.
- To subject to the process of puddling, as iron, so as to
convert it from the condition of cast iron to that of wrought iron.
- To make a dirty stir.