- An outline, or contour; as, the profile of an apple.
- A human head represented sidewise, or in a side view; the
side face or half face.
- A section of any member, made at right angles with its
main lines, showing the exact shape of moldings and the like.
- A drawing exhibiting a vertical section of the ground
along a surveyed line, or graded work, as of a railway, showing
elevations, depressions, grades, etc.
- to draw the outline of; to draw in profile, as an
- To shape the outline of an object by passing a cutter