- Not paired with another, or remaining over after a
pairing; without a mate; unmatched; single; as, an odd shoe; an odd
- Not divisible by 2 without a remainder; not capable of
being evenly paired, one unit with another; as, 1, 3, 7, 9, 11, etc.,
are odd numbers.
- Left over after a definite round number has been taken or
mentioned; indefinitely, but not greatly, exceeding a specified number;
- Remaining over; unconnected; detached; fragmentary;
hence, occasional; inconsiderable; as, odd jobs; odd minutes; odd
- Different from what is usual or common; unusual;
singular; peculiar; unique; strange.