- One of the whitish and elastic bundles of fibers, with the
accompanying tissues, which transmit nervous impulses between nerve
centers and various parts of the animal body.
- A sinew or a tendon.
- Physical force or steadiness; muscular power and control;
- Steadiness and firmness of mind; self-command in personal
danger, or under suffering; unshaken courage and endurance; coolness;
- Audacity; assurance.
- One of the principal fibrovascular bundles or ribs of a
leaf, especially when these extend straight from the base or the midrib
of the leaf.
- One of the nervures, or veins, in the wings of insects.
- To give strength or vigor to; to supply with force; as,
fear nerved his arm.