- The part of an animal which connects the head and the trunk,
and which, in man and many other animals, is more slender than the
- Any part of an inanimate object corresponding to or
resembling the neck of an animal
- The long slender part of a vessel, as a retort, or of a
fruit, as a gourd.
- A long narrow tract of land projecting from the main body, or
a narrow tract connecting two larger tracts.
- That part of a violin, guitar, or similar instrument, which
extends from the head to the body, and on which is the finger board or
- A reduction in size near the end of an object, formed by a
groove around it; as, a neck forming the journal of a shaft.
- the point where the base of the stem of a plant arises from
- To reduce the diameter of (an object) near its end, by
making a groove around it; -- used with down; as, to neck down a shaft.
v. t. & i.
- To kiss and caress amorously.