- To make natural; as, custom naturalizes labor or
- To confer the rights and privileges of a native
subject or citizen on; to make as if native; to adopt, as a foreigner
into a nation or state, and place in the condition of a native subject.
- To receive or adopt as native, natural, or
vernacular; to make one's own; as, to naturalize foreign words.
- To adapt; to accustom; to habituate; to acclimate;
to cause to grow as under natural conditions.
- To become as if native.
- To explain phenomena by natural agencies or laws, to
the exclusion of the supernatural.