- A part, or division, of the people of the earth,
distinguished from the rest by common descent, language, or
institutions; a race; a stock.
- The body of inhabitants of a country, united under an
independent government of their own.
- Family; lineage.
- One of the divisions of university students in a
classification according to nativity, formerly common in Europe.
- One of the four divisions (named from the parts of
Scotland) in which students were classified according to their
- A great number; a great deal; -- by way of emphasis; as, a
nation of herbs.