- The handling or government of anything, but esp. of a
horse; management; administration. See Manege.
- To have under control and direction; to conduct; to guide;
to administer; to treat; to handle.
- Hence: Esp., to guide by careful or delicate treatment; to
wield with address; to make subservient by artful conduct; to bring
around cunningly to one's plans.
- To train in the manege, as a horse; to exercise in graceful
or artful action.
- To treat with care; to husband.
- To bring about; to contrive.
- To direct affairs; to carry on business or affairs; to