- A slattern.
- The name of a female fairy, esp. the queen of the fairies; and
hence, sometimes, any fairy.
- An earthworm.
- p. p. of Made.
- Disordered in intellect; crazy; insane.
- Excited beyond self-control or the restraint of reason;
inflamed by violent or uncontrollable desire, passion, or appetite; as,
to be mad with terror, lust, or hatred; mad against political reform.
- Proceeding from, or indicating, madness; expressing
distraction; prompted by infatuation, fury, or extreme rashness.
- Extravagant; immoderate.
- Furious with rage, terror, or disease; -- said of the
lower animals; as, a mad bull; esp., having hydrophobia; rabid; as, a
- Angry; out of patience; vexed; as, to get mad at a
- Having impaired polarity; -- applied to a compass needle.
- To make mad or furious; to madden.
- To be mad; to go mad; to rave. See Madding.