- An edifice or place full of intricate passageways which
render it difficult to find the way from the interior to the entrance;
as, the Egyptian and Cretan labyrinths.
- Any intricate or involved inclosure; especially, an
ornamental maze or inclosure in a park or garden.
- Any object or arrangement of an intricate or involved
form, or having a very complicated nature.
- An inextricable or bewildering difficulty.
- The internal ear. See Note under Ear.
- A series of canals through which a stream of water is
directed for suspending, carrying off, and depositing at different
distances, the ground ore of a metal.
- A pattern or design representing a maze, -- often inlaid
in the tiled floor of a church, etc.