- Of no account; useless; vain; trifling; unprofitable;
thoughtless; silly; barren.
- Not called into active service; not turned to
appropriate use; unemployed; as, idle hours.
- Not employed; unoccupied with business; inactive; doing
nothing; as, idle workmen.
- Given rest and ease; averse to labor or employment;
lazy; slothful; as, an idle fellow.
- Light-headed; foolish.
- To lose or spend time in inaction, or without being
employed in business.
- To spend in idleness; to waste; to consume; -- often
followed by away; as, to idle away an hour a day.