- 3d pers. sing. pres. of Hold, contraction for holdeth.
- A stop in marching or walking, or in any action; arrest of
- The act of limping; lameness.
- To hold one's self from proceeding; to hold up; to cease
progress; to stop for a longer or shorter period; to come to a stop; to
- To stand in doubt whether to proceed, or what to do; to
hesitate; to be uncertain.
- To cause to cease marching; to stop; as, the general
halted his troops for refreshment.
- Halting or stopping in walking; lame.
- To walk lamely; to limp.
- To have an irregular rhythm; to be defective.