- The state or relation of being or associate.
- Companionship of persons on equal and friendly terms;
frequent and familiar intercourse.
- A state of being together; companionship; partnership;
association; hence, confederation; joint interest.
- Those associated with one, as in a family, or a
society; a company.
- A foundation for the maintenance, on certain
conditions, of a scholar called a fellow, who usually resides at the
- The rule for dividing profit and loss among partners;
-- called also partnership, company, and distributive proportion.
- To acknowledge as of good standing, or in communion
according to standards of faith and practice; to admit to Christian