- A companion; a comrade; an associate; a partner; a sharer.
- A man without good breeding or worth; an ignoble or mean
- An equal in power, rank, character, etc.
- One of a pair, or of two things used together or suited to
each other; a mate; the male.
- A person; an individual.
- In the English universities, a scholar who is appointed to
a foundation called a fellowship, which gives a title to certain
perquisites and privileges.
- In an American college or university, a member of the
corporation which manages its business interests; also, a graduate
appointed to a fellowship, who receives the income of the foundation.
- A member of a literary or scientific society; as, a Fellow
of the Royal Society.
- To suit with; to pair with; to match.