- Defect; want; lack; default.
- Anything that fails, that is wanting, or that impairs
excellence; a failing; a defect; a blemish.
- A moral failing; a defect or dereliction from duty; a
deviation from propriety; an offense less serious than a crime.
- A dislocation of the strata of the vein.
- In coal seams, coal rendered worthless by impurities in the
seam; as, slate fault, dirt fault, etc.
- A lost scent; act of losing the scent.
- Failure to serve the ball into the proper court.
- To charge with a fault; to accuse; to find fault with; to
- To interrupt the continuity of (rock strata) by
displacement along a plane of fracture; -- chiefly used in the p. p.;
as, the coal beds are badly faulted.
- To err; to blunder, to commit a fault; to do wrong.