- Of or pertaining to a family; domestic.
- Closely acquainted or intimate, as a friend or companion;
well versed in, as any subject of study; as, familiar with the
- Characterized by, or exhibiting, the manner of an
intimate friend; not formal; unconstrained; easy; accessible.
- Well known; well understood; common; frequent; as, a
- Improperly acquainted; wrongly intimate.
- An intimate; a companion.
- An attendant demon or evil spirit.
- A confidential officer employed in the service of the
tribunal, especially in apprehending and imprisoning the accused.