- To make false; to represent falsely.
- To counterfeit; to forge; as, to falsify coin.
- To prove to be false, or untrustworthy; to confute; to
disprove; to nullify; to make to appear false.
- To violate; to break by falsehood; as, to falsify one's
faith or word.
- To baffle or escape; as, to falsify a blow.
- To avoid or defeat; to prove false, as a judgment.
- To show, in accounting, (an inem of charge inserted in an
account) to be wrong.
- To make false by multilation or addition; to tamper with;
as, to falsify a record or document.
- To tell lies; to violate the truth.