- Uttering falsehood; unveracious; given to deceit;
dishnest; as, a false witness.
- Not faithful or loyal, as to obligations, allegiance,
vows, etc.; untrue; treacherous; perfidious; as, a false friend, lover,
or subject; false to promises.
- Not according with truth or reality; not true; fitted
or likely to deceive or disappoint; as, a false statement.
- Not genuine or real; assumed or designed to deceive;
counterfeit; hypocritical; as, false tears; false modesty; false
colors; false jewelry.
- Not well founded; not firm or trustworthy; erroneous;
as, a false claim; a false conclusion; a false construction in grammar.
- Not essential or permanent, as parts of a structure
which are temporary or supplemental.
- Not in tune.
- Not truly; not honestly; falsely.
- To report falsely; to falsify.
- To betray; to falsify.
- To mislead by want of truth; to deceive.
- To feign; to pretend to make.