- Pale red or pale yellow; as, a fallow deer or greyhound.
- Left untilled or unsowed after plowing; uncultivated; as,
- Plowed land.
- Land that has lain a year or more untilled or unseeded;
land plowed without being sowed for the season.
- The plowing or tilling of land, without sowing it for a
season; as, summer fallow, properly conducted, has ever been found a
sure method of destroying weeds.
- To plow, harrow, and break up, as land, without seeding,
for the purpose of destroying weeds and insects, and rendering it
mellow; as, it is profitable to fallow cold, strong, clayey land.