- The act of extending or the state of being extended;
a stretching out; enlargement in breadth or continuation of length;
increase; augmentation; expansion.
- That property of a body by which it occupies a
portion of space.
- Capacity of a concept or general term to include a
greater or smaller number of objects; -- correlative of intension.
- The operation of stretching a broken bone so as to
bring the fragments into the same straight line.
- The straightening of a limb, in distinction from
- A written engagement on the part of a creditor,
allowing a debtor further time to pay a debt.