- The act of executing; a carrying into effect or to
completion; performance; achievement; consummation; as, the execution
of a plan, a work, etc.
- A putting to death as a legal penalty; death lawfully
inflicted; as, the execution of a murderer.
- The act of the mode of performing a work of art, of
performing on an instrument, of engraving, etc.; as, the execution of a
statue, painting, or piece of music.
- The carrying into effect the judgment given in a court
- A judicial writ by which an officer is empowered to
carry a judgment into effect; final process.
- The act of signing, and delivering a legal instrument,
or giving it the forms required to render it valid; as, the execution
of a deed, or a will.
- That which is executed or accomplished; effect;
effective work; -- usually with do.
- The act of sacking a town.