- To make acknowledgment or avowal in a matter pertaining
to one's self; to acknowledge, own, or admit, as a crime, a fault, a
- To acknowledge faith in; to profess belief in.
- To admit as true; to assent to; to acknowledge, as
after a previous doubt, denial, or concealment.
- To make known or acknowledge, as one's sins to a
priest, in order to receive absolution; -- sometimes followed by the
- To hear or receive such confession; -- said of a
- To disclose or reveal, as an effect discloses its
cause; to prove; to attest.
- To make confession; to disclose sins or faults, or the
state of the conscience.
- To acknowledge; to admit; to concede.