- To make a low, continuous, humming or sibilant sound, like
that made by bees with their wings. Hence: To utter a murmuring sound;
to speak with a low, humming voice.
- To sound forth by buzzing.
- To whisper; to communicate, as tales, in an under tone; to
spread, as report, by whispers, or secretly.
- To talk to incessantly or confidentially in a low humming
- To sound with a "buzz".
- A continuous, humming noise, as of bees; a confused murmur,
as of general conversation in low tones, or of a general expression of
surprise or approbation.
- A whisper; a report spread secretly or cautiously.
- The audible friction of voice consonants.