- A shield.
- An heraldic shield; a coat of arms, or a bearing on a coat
of arms; armorial bearings.
- The art or act of describing or depicting heraldic bearings
in the proper language or manner.
- Ostentatious display, either by words or other means;
publication; show; description; record.
- To depict in colors; to display; to exhibit
conspicuously; to publish or make public far and wide.
- To deck; to embellish; to adorn.
- To describe in proper terms (the figures of heraldic
devices); also, to delineate (armorial bearings); to emblazon.
- To shine; to be conspicuous.