- A trader who secretes himself, or does certain other acts
tending to defraud his creditors.
- A trader who becomes unable to pay his debts; an
insolvent trader; popularly, any person who is unable to pay his debts;
an insolvent person.
- A person who, in accordance with the terms of a law
relating to bankruptcy, has been judicially declared to be unable to
meet his liabilities.
- Being a bankrupt or in a condition of bankruptcy; unable
to pay, or legally discharged from paying, one's debts; as, a bankrupt
- Depleted of money; not having the means of meeting
pecuniary liabilities; as, a bankrupt treasury.
- Relating to bankrupts and bankruptcy.
- Destitute of, or wholly wanting (something once
possessed, or something one should possess).
- To make bankrupt; to bring financial ruin upon; to